What were you looking for when fitting out your new learning space?
- To provide an environment that supported a smooth transition from early childhood to school that encourages learning through play.
- Furniture that is easy to move and offered a range of configurations.
- Flexibility that allows for growth – e.g. the differing table heights, and easy to add pieces to what we have.
- Quality long-lasting materials and natural colours.
- Child-friendly, easy access and age-appropriate with plenty of visible storage that is easily accessible.
- A cohesive aesthetic look over the whole learning space.
Has the fit-out met your expectations and what is some of the feedback you have got from others?
- The fit-out has exceeded our expectations. We had to be patient as this building construction wasn’t completed in time for the start of the year, so we used some of the furniture in an adapted space.
- So after the COVID-19 lockdown, we were able to get this set up in time for the students coming back into school, and the response has been 100 percent positive.
- Their faces were priceless – and they got to spend the first day just exploring their space.
- Visiting schools have loved it - I could even say they showed a bit of jealousy – all have said how lucky we are, and they would love to work in such an awesome space.
Would you recommend LSG to other schools?
"Most definitely. The support through the whole process has been amazing; guidance on what to purchase, how it all fits together, setting up, and the additional purchases we have made. Your connection with the additional resources provider was valued and appreciated – it was so good having an expert and someone who knew their product range so well it helped speed up the decision making. This was a huge job made so much easier by the support and guidance from LSG."
Tumuaki Tuarua - Deputy Principal